1. Make your dental plan part of the practice culture so that the whole team is on-board with the dental plan being a key service offered at the practice.
2. Ensure your new patient registration process highlights the dental plan. For example include information on your plan in the new patient welcome pack.
3. Have a clear process in place for each scenario of patient conversion i.e. from switching provider, Private/PAYG or NHS to Dental plan.
4. Provide training to your team in how to handle any objections (see our blog post for more ideas http://www.ident.co.uk/wp/2014/05/overcoming-objections-to-joining-to-a-plan/)
5. Patients won’t know about your plan unless you tell them about it. Promote your plan in every way possible –
- Practice leaflets/brochures
- Practice posters
- Recall letters
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter
- Recorded phone message/waiting room screens
6. Never assume a patient isn’t interested in joining your plan. Inform every eligible patient about the benefits of joining your Dental Plan.
7. Listen to find out what is important to each patient. Find the solution that best fits each patient (spreading the cost, discounted treatment, improved oral health, insurance element etc).
8. Don’t just promote your plan to new patients. The following are trigger points to discuss your dental plan:
- Recall appointments
- Patients who require additional treatment
- Patients who the hygienist feels would benefit from more frequent visits
9. Make contact with inactive/dormant patients promoting the benefits of regular attendance and your dental plan.
10. Remember to review how successful team members are at converting patients to plan. Ensure the strongest candidates for promoting the plan are the people who engage the patient (put your best people forward).
If you are an existing Ident client and would like to discuss how you can improve your conversions, or if you’re not yet a client but would like to find out more, please do get in touch; we’d be delighted to help you. Please call one of our team members on 01463 223399.