Where to start when you don't already have a dental plan
A dental plan can be the perfect solution for you and your practice, providing you with an assured monthly income from a reliable set of satisfied patients. However, we know that deciding on a dental plan can be quite daunting, so we have put together this guide to help you get started.
Be clear about what your objectives are:
- Do you want a big name provider or would you prefer to have your own branded plan?
- How much/little administration are you wanting/willing to do?
- How much guaranteed/regular income are you looking to generate each month?
- Do you require the flexibility to set your own fees?
Answering the above questions will give you a clearer indication of your specific requirements.
Take your time to consider the following before you approach a plan provider:
- Are you looking for plans for children, family groups or corporate plans
- Do you want a maintenance plan or full care plan (or perhaps both)
- Will you offer discounts off further treatments outside the scope of the plan?
- How are you planning to attract patients to your plan?
The next stage would be to make a shortlist of suitable plan providers and then get in touch with them to see how they can meet your needs. Consider asking them a set number of questions to help you decide on the right partner:
- What is the plan provider’s track record like in terms of customer service?
- How will they help you set up your plan?
- Find out what kind of supplementary support they might offer for example, training, marketing support or affiliate discounts
- Do patients have to pay to join the plan?
- Are there any incentives to help you to get started?
Once you have cut down your shortlist to at least two providers, then arrange a meeting to help you make a decision as to which one you instruct.
As with any important purchase it is important to take the time to carefully think through your options to ensure that you end up with a dental plan (and provider) that is right for your patients, right for the practice and right for you.
For more information, contact us on 01463 223399, we're here to help and can even arrange a visit to the practice to discuss things further.