Is your dental plan really working for your practice?
As with everything in life, we need to make sure we regularly assess our situation and adapt accordingly. It is very easy to become complacent and favour ‘keeping things as they are’. Although we talk ourselves into it being easier to stay the same, deep down we know we need to change (diet changes, increasing exercise anyone?!)
However, Darwin knew what he was talking about, in order to survive and progress we must adapt and evolve. With even more practices converting to Private in light of the uncertainty with NHS contracts, it is more pertinent than ever to ensure that your dental practice is operating at its best.
Ask yourself the following:
- When was the last time you reviewed your plan?
- Is there synergy between your dental plan and your business goals?
- Is your current dental plan helping you to grow your private revenue?
- Is your plan correctly positioned in order to improve the practice profitability?
Your dental plan should be helping you to achieve the bigger goals that you have set for the practice such as moving away from the NHS or perhaps future plans to sell the practice.
Review the following:
- Your marketing materials – are they up-to-date? Do they effectively promote the benefits of joining your dental plan?
- Your patient communications? Do you regularly stay in touch with your patients? Do you periodically contact your dormant patients? Do you remind patients about the benefits of becoming a plan patient?
- Your team – is everyone at the practice on-board? Your dental plan should be part of the practice culture and a key part of the service that you provide to patients. Do you need to consider some team training?
As a member of IndepenDent we offer ongoing support and administrative assistance to our members. If you would like to discuss your dental plan provision then please call 01463 223399 to speak to one of our experienced customer service team.