Dental Plan Health Check
Regardless of how long you’ve been running membership plans at your practice we thoroughly recommend carrying out a regular audit on how your plan is performing. We have put together the following check list to help you ascertain any areas for improvement:
- How many patients have registered on the plan in last 6/12 months?
- How many patients have cancelled their plan in last 6/12 months?
- What are the reasons why? Are there any obvious trends?
- How much income/revenue does the plan contribute at present?
- How much income/revenue would the practice like the plan to contribute?
- How many additional plans would be required to achieve this aim?
- Are the plan fees appropriate?
- Do they need to be reviewed?
- What’s going well or not so well with regards promotion of the plan with patients?
- Are there any possible training needs?
- Is the plan attractively ‘packaged’ to improve patient ‘sign up rates’?
- What extras/incentives do we offer or can this be improved upon?
- What marketing activities are in place to promote/raise awareness of the plan?
- How can this be improved?
Staff & processes
- Are staff fully equipped/confident in discussing the plan with new & existing patients?
- Is any training required? Have you considered nominating a plan champion?
- How effective is the practice follow up process for the ‘think about it’ patient?
- How many patients/what percentage have resulted in sign up via this process?
- What is the practice procedure for promoting/raising awareness of the plan from the moment the patient walks into reception for both new & existing patients?
We are here to help you. If you have any queries or concerns regarding your dental plan then please get in touch. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01463 223399.